Saturday, November 23, 2013

November 23, 2013 - It is certainly wet and cold.  Great weather for Thanksgiving this week.  The Christmas decorations seem to be all up, except  at my house. 

FYI - Inspiring Voices put the map for book I, War with Lady Ice, on my web page.  That address is d-scozzari.com.  So glad it is up.  That web page has a blog tab with links to this site. 

My mother-in-law is here on her annual visit.  So many family members are home this holiday week, so it is nice seeing everyone together.  I can't wait until Thursday!  This cold weather is getting me hungry for turkey, yams, and cranberry relish.  What can I say, I love this time of year!

Hope you all have a great week and enjoy your families. 
Remember that this holiday celebrates learning about this country and how to manage it when the Indians of that time and the English were social.  It is so sad that things changed rather quickly after the first celebration of this day.  My wish is that all races and social backgrounds remember the grace of that relationship that lasted for at least a short while.  It is who we as Americans should be, in spite of the differences we all have as melting pot of peoples; in spite of the world interference and influence on us.

Giving thanks to God for survival, family, and new friends is what this holiday is about.  It is not the kick off of Christmas, as many of us see it as.  (The day after Thanksgiving is the kick off of the Christmas season.)  Take time to remember what the holiday really is all about, before getting caught up in the "Season to be Jolly". 

Happy Thanksgiving - America!

No comments:

Post a Comment