Saturday, May 31, 2014

Hey everyone, I've been sharing on Facebook page where I should have been sharing here.

In 2013 my first book, The Ninth Region  The War with Lady Ice, was read to a second grade class.  Then that spring I went and visited them.  I was not published yet, and what was read was from on of the first manuscripts, but I was so happy on how the students all had their own favorite parts.  They also asked me why I started to write, if I would ever stop, how I saw some characters, and if Vincent was going to be in the next book, (Knighting Nettle).  Answer is yes. Vincent is in all four books.

So now I had a criminal background check, and have permission from the principal of West Memorial Elementary to speak to the 5th grade about my perception of writing, and my first book.  I am so excited and yet nervous.
These are fifth graders, going into middle school next year!  The second grade took me for a great ride, how will this ride go?  These kids are so smart and intuitive. 

Anyway I am going Monday, this Monday, June 2nd, in the afternoon.
Next year I plan on speaking with the 4th and 5th graders of next year about book one and the sixth graders about my second book.

I am going to trying to get into some book stores this summer - so please buy the e-book and if you, (the kids) are entertained, please, please tell you local book store to contact me for a visit.  My e-mail is d.scozzari@yahoo.com.  Getting so excited.  I will let you know how it went.  Thanks for you good thoughts!  D. Scozzari

No comments:

Post a Comment