Friday, November 13, 2015

What is wrong and what is right?


Well now, when his parents got home they keep the girls in their rooms.  It was a quiet night.  We go to eat in peace.  Mom made a beef stew that was de..licious.  Dad. Mom and I watched a baseball game while we enjoyed the calm evening.  I went to bed and read my favorite adventure book falling to sleep to the running and panting that I heard in my head as my hero ran for his life.  My dreams were of climbing trees and make race cars. Perfecto!

 
The next morning I did not see my sisters.  You see the oldest on is a sophomore in high school.  She starts school early.  The other sister is in middle school and has the same start time, but she had volleyball practice before school.  Both were long gone by time I made my way downstairs. 

The walk to school was uneventful.  I joined up with a couple of my buds and we just messed around with each other. It was uneventful and that weird feeling did not come to me once!

School was alright. Math and Science classes were fun, but English was a major pain.  I just don’t get why I have to learn this stuff.  After school I went to my locker to grab my jacket and saw somebody new right next to me having a hard time with her locker.  Of course I asked to help, and she accepted.  As we walked out the front door together I found out she lived one block south of me.  Then we meet up with my two buds.  I introduced them, “Sasha  this is Mark and John.  The live near to the both of us.”

Sasha said, “Hi, how long have you lived here?” 

Mark answered, “Oh we have been calling this neighborhood home for 10 years, ever since my Dad came back from Scotland.  I was born in Scotland.” 

Sasha asked, “Well how about you too?”

I responded for both of us because John was too busy looking down at the dirt, “We both have lived here all our lives.  Where do you call home?”

Sasha responded quietly, I come from Mother Russia.” 

Mark broke out, “You really still call it Mother Russia after all those countries left Russia!” 

‘Of course I do!  Russia is my homeland and I miss it very much.”

“So then why did you come to America, to this small town?” John asked all by himself!

Sasha said, “Both my parents have work here, in your chemical research lab of some company. I had no choice.”

The boys started to goof off as usual and Sasha just joined in as if she was always their friend.

It was kind nice.  As we they went their separate ways to go home, Sasha turned around and said to the three boys, “Maybe I will see you in mornig, good?”

We all said, “Sounds good to us!”

 
To be continued….

 


No comments:

Post a Comment