Monday, August 26, 2013

First day at school for many that live in my area of the country.  It was fun to watch the faces of all the kids as they walked to the bus stop.  Some where exited and wearing new clothes or shoes.  Some looked sad that their summer freedom has come to an end.  I pray for all those students and for their teachers.  I pray that their teachers learn how to inspire, to interest, to motivate, and to teach each individual they find in their class room this school year.

I am going over the "author's bio" for the book series.  It is very strange to write about oneself and I find I am writing just as much about my parents.

FYI: This is one of the sources of information that I used on Kermode bears.

The Kermode bear, also known as a "spirit bear", is a subspecies of the American Black Bear living in the central and north coast of British Columbia, Canada. It is noted for about 1/10 of their population having white or cream-colored coats. This color morph is due to recessive alleles common in the population. They are not albinos and not any more related to polar bears or the "blonde" brown bears of Alaska's "ABC Islands" than other members of their species.
The National Geographic estimates the spirit bear population at 400–1,000 individuals, saying that "the spirit bear may owe its survival to the protective traditions of the First Nations, who never hunted the animals or spoke of them to fur trappers".

No comments:

Post a Comment